Sunday, May 15, 2011
Differentiated learning
It was interesting to work with this topic for our cohort, as I had just received a little training at school on this subject. Through our studies online and the training I received, I realized that differentiation is the same no matter what format you teach in. It is basically insuring that all students are able to be successful with the lesson you have devised. I recently tried to differentiated a lesson for my Social Studies students, but I fell flat on my behind. The students weren't familiar with the concept, and even after I explained it to them several times, and modeled the behavior that I wanted, they still weren't sure how to achieve our goals. I think, though differentiation is a great thing, it will take some practice to insure that the students are open to that kind of concept and that you understand and master what is expected of you. Practice makes perfect!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment