Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Google Sites - My new love!
When I first started to create my Google site, I was so confused that I almost quit! Luckily, I was meeting with Rachel and Bill that evening, and they were able to help me out. After pointing out what I was doing wrong, and practicing on a site that didn't mean anything, I was off and running! I realize that this is my first site, but I'm sure that this isn't going to be my last! Not only was it easy, it was fun! The site I created was one that I want to use with my 7th grade Social Studies group - it gives the directions to create a civilization. This is a pretty big project that will extend into their art class (where they will create artifacts) and culminate in creating and digging up an archeological dig this May. At first I wasn't thrilled with having to type everything out, or to hand out pages just to have the students loose them. When Louis gave us this assignment, I thought it would be a great way to make sure the kids always have their documents on hand (or on the computer!), When I explained the project to them, they were just as excited as I am! I start the project tomorrow (2/2) so wish me luck!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Denise,
ReplyDeleteI'm happy to hear that you got everything going! I also am appreciative of your help with the navigator feature...i finally have my pages the way I want them!
Are you going to have the students turn things in electronically? If you do, what do you plan on using?
I also like the art integration!
Denise,
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you were able to get your Google Site up. I find it to be a very valuable tool and something that can be easily fixable if you make a mistake. I like that with web site.
I would also like to hear what you plan to use for assignments, if you plan to have them turned in electronically.
Nice Job!