Monday, January 24, 2011

Screencast - Awesome!!!

I created a screencast for this week's assignment using ScreenR, and it was the easiest thing that I could imagine!  What an awesome tool for teachers, and students as well!  I have to admit that I was a little nervous, thinking back to the Pecha Kucha that we had to create for the last class (that wasn't much fun!).  But after I watched the tutorial on the website, I gave it a try and nailed it on my first run.  I can't wait to share this with my fellow teachers.  This is something that anyone can do, and quickly.


I have to admit that I watch my RSS feed much more than my Twitter account.  I don't know - I think I like the way that the RSS feed is set up, where I can choose which feed I want to see first.  Twitter seems like it's getting too big too fast - some of the accounts that I follow seem to flood the Internet with every little thing.  You give up reading it all because there's so much to read!

2 comments:

  1. I think that the flood of information is overwhelming. I worry that this "flood" would create an apathy amongst our students. How would we help our students to create manageable feeds that do not drown our students with "information"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Andrew. I think you've isolated the reason why I don't like twitter - too much, too little, all at the same time. You're encouraged to follow a lot of people (if you don't, you'll miss something!), but by following so many people, you get the flood-affect. There has to be a middle ground somewhere.

    ReplyDelete