Sunday, January 16, 2011

Another week done!

Well, I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks!  I uploaded this picture, which was one that I took when I was snowshoeing with my dog.  Everything was dripping, as it was raining a little and was very soggy.

This week's work with RSS feeds was very interesting.  I described what we were doing to my husband, and we set up a Google Reader account for him as well.  What an excellent tool to help you keep in touch with the world!  I'm looking forward to using it in my Social Studies class as well, for I think this would be an interesting tool for the students to use to keep up to date on issues that they are interested in.

I also started a Flickr account.  I think this would be a great way to share photos that I take with not only my friends and family, but my students as well.  Just another great tool that I want to share with people that I work with and that I know!

I keep tweeting along in Twitter!  I don't know if I say anything very interesting, but I am enjoying following Donald Driver and some of the other Packer players.  Whether it really is Donald Driver that is tweeting, I don't know, but I hope so!

2 comments:

  1. Denise,

    Keep us posted on how well it works out in the social studies class. I would love to try and utilize this tool in my art room but am unsure were to even begin!!

    Are you setting up the RSS feed topics or are the kids coming up with them? It might be interesting to see what they would consider current events!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great, Denise! I love the picture you uploaded! Definitely Winter in Winter! :) I set up a few RSS feeds for my third grade class also, but I do like Rachel's idea of letting the kids choose more feeds to follow.

    You are better at Twitter than I am! I set mine up, but I've only tweeted one thing, and I never remember to check it. I just can't seem to get into it. Any advice?

    ReplyDelete