Sunday, November 28, 2010

Week 4 - The time is flying!!!

While it was nice to have some time off, I think it's time I get busy again!  This week's reading from Presentation Zen was interesting - I found myself agreeing with Garr many times.  I'm taking several of his comments particularly to heart - the part about enjoying yourself when you present (if you're not having fun, no one else is!) and the part about getting into a zone in order to do your best work.  I find that's true not only with myself, but when my students are in "the zone", they feel like they can accomplish anything!  I also feel, in regards to his comment about not taking yourself seriously, is that if you don't find your subject matter interesting, no one else is going to either.  I feel like needlepointing that  and hanging it above my desk so I see it every day.  I pledge that from this time on I will make an extra effort to make my lessons not only educational, but interesting!

Not only do I love the Voice Thread program, but the Prezi as well!  Not only is it educational, but it is fun!  I can't wait to introduce my students to this program.  I think that they will feel the same way I do - that Power Point, while it has it's place, is on it's way out!!

I've found the Pecha Kucha a challenge - mostly because I doubt myself.  But I have to admit, once I decided on my theme, and produced my story board, it seemed like everything was in perspective and it was such a daunting task.  Like Louis said - one bite at a time!!!

1 comment:

  1. Denise,
    I am in love with prezi too!! My students have used it for presentations and it is so much more interesting to watch and participate with than a regular powerpoint. I also like that there are not as many "bells and whistles" to draw away from the actual presentation.

    What did you do your Pecha Kucha on? I found that creating the theme and writing (scripting) the voiceovers were the biggest challenge. I can't wait to really put the whole thing together!

    ReplyDelete