I am really enjoying the Voice Thread activities. I can't wait to try this with my students. I'm already planning a unit for my 4th or 5th graders about creating stories for the younger grades. Very exciting to learn this different application.
I will never look at a power point presentation the same way again! I recently went to a DPI meeting, and when they brought up their power point, instead of listening (and reading the transcript of what they were reading which was the power point) I found myself critiquing it. Garr, you've ruined it all for me! After reading this week's assignment on design, and reworking my power point, I realized what I've been doing wrong and what I've been doing right. I am looking forward to passing this information on to my students when I have them work on another power point presentation (if we do another power point!). I am also going to stress these design points with my students when they create posters or any other kind of visual. Most of them are very simple, such as the rule of thirds. I'm looking forward to the future presentations that I may have to give - they won't look anything like my past presentations!
Monday, November 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Denise,
ReplyDeleteI couldn't agree more! I, too, am enjoying the Voicethread experience. I plan to use it with my third graders for math problems, and a new idea I had for a homophone book. As for the Powerpoints, I can't believe I never knew all this about how they SHOULD look. It seems so common sense, but it's a little humbling to think I've been doing it "wrong" all along.
Hi Denise, I had to chuckle when I read your blog because I found myself critiquing other presentations as well. Because of the suggestions that I brought to some of our teachers, they have been trying to improve their presentations too.
ReplyDeleteI personally like the voice thread projects too, I really enjoy this class because I am learning more tools for presentations above and beyond Powerpoint. Voice Thread is proving to a fun way to present things too.
Voicethread can be addicting. You may find yourself making them and sharing with family, friends, the world.
ReplyDeleteIt is interesting to find yourself wanting to improve other presentations you must sit through, though it may make them more interesting.