Tuesday, August 9, 2011
10 top things a technology leader does
This is a great article! I particularly agree with the "lead by example" and "empower" paragraphs. I have worked with tech coordinators who want to keep what they do a secret, thus keeping them invaluable (no one can do it but them!!!). I firmly believe that if you teach someone to do it themselves, that you are empowering that person to empower another person, and so on and so forth. My Title 1 specialist comes to mind. She's a little apprehensive when it comes to technology, but she is willing to try. I tell her all the time that you can't mess it up, and that she should feel free to try anything. I have taught her to use the SMART board, and she has integrated it into her curriculum. She in turn is teaching another teacher how to use the board, and is helping her integrate it into her curriculum. It is the trickle down theory at it's best!! I can't explain the feeling I had when I walked into her room and found her telling another teacher the exact things that I once said to her (don't be afraid - you can't break it!). That showed me that I not only teach children, but I teach adults as well. How cool it that!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That is awesome, Denise! I couldn't agree more! I do a lot of the tech help in my building because my IT person is spread so thin. I don't WANT to be the only person people can come to for help! No way! I would much rather have exactly what you said, where you empower someone to do it, and they teach someone else, and so on, and so on. That's very exciting!
ReplyDelete