A big picture issue relating to my eportfolio? Where do I begin! Is it set up right? Does it make sense? Do my artifacts prove my learning in that particular class? Are my individual class reflections done correctly, or am I going in the wrong direction with them? I can go on and on. I really feel insecure about this, and every time I look at someone else's portfolio, I feel like I should go back and reinvent mine. But then I would have about 6 of them started - not a good thing!
I think my final project is an OK one - to take my SS7 class paperless for a unit (or maybe just a chapter!!) - and I think I will be able to attach all the SMART goals to it. I've already discussed the project with my principal (since I was drastically changing the format of my class, I thought it might be a good idea to have his approval!) and he was all for it. It will be an interesting experiment to say the least. There has been talk about incorporating Google Applications into our school, and this might be the test case. I know when I talk about my project during our first inservice, some of the techno-phobes on staff will think I'm crazy, but it will be interesting to compare the grades of last year's class to this year's class. It's going to be some work - OK, a LOT of work - but I think it will be not only interesting, but educational - for more than just myself!!
Monday, June 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Denise,
ReplyDeleteWhy is it that us as professionals are always so worried about things? I think it is just who we are and we want to be good role models for our students so we ALWAYS want to do our best. I've had some of the same issues as you, but I've tried to not worry about what I am doing and if it is different from others because my portfolio is MINE, so I am going to create it how I want it to look.
Your final project sounds really interesting and obtainable. Although I'm sure it will be a lot of work, I think it will go really well. I would love if my school used Google email and docs, and it has been discussed, but I'm sure it would be impossible to get it implemented this coming school year and to use with my project. Good luck with your idea and I'm interested to find out how it goes.
I'm glad your doing alright with your portfolio! I wish I had a final project :)
ReplyDeleteI can't think of anything :(
Denise-
ReplyDeleteGive yourself a little credit! I'm sure your portfolio is great! Everything I've seen from you so far in this class has been terrific, and you are always right on the money with what the professors expect.
As for your project, it sounds amazing! Here I'm stressing out about not having an idea of what to do yet for mine, and you have yours all planned out and approved from administration! You go girl! Although it will be a lot of work like you said, I think it will work out great in the end and your 7th graders will love it!
Wow! Thanks for the encouragement!!! You all have made me feel a lot better about what I'm doing. Now I'm going to go and finish this thing!!!!
ReplyDelete