Saturday, July 31, 2010

Internet Learning Resources

This week's assignment made me realize that an Internet Learning Resource just isn't a text page that you pull up on a search engine.  It's also about the interaction and the growth of people throughout the world who have a common interest or goal.  Learning takes place in the strangest places (I think we teachers call them teachable moments) and we need to leave ourselves open to these moments.  We can learn so much from each other - not only the teacher down the hall, but the student sitting at the desk in front of you, the custodian sweeping the hall, or the coach on the football field.  If you take that explanation and put it into a cyper world, it means you can learn from wikis, forums, blogs, emails, web pages, ANY THING!  And I think we need to realize that WE have a lot to offer people as well.  Web learning resources = free exchange of ideas.  Wow.

I also found some really awesome websites that I can not only use with my classes, but suggest to my teachers as well.  Always learning something.

4 comments:

  1. Denise,

    Pass along some of the names of those awesome websites if you could, please? I get what you're saying about the learning experiences everywhere. I am usually just so wrapped up in what I'm trying to do or say. You reminded me of something else I gotta work on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy teachable moments because they usually arrive when you least expect them, which can be a good thing. And I like your comparison between learning from all types of people and learning from different types of Internet resources. Opportunities for learning are ENDLESS!

    It was nice chatting with you the other week. I hope you have a great rest of the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise, I like Bill's idea of passing along some of the awesome web sites you find. I think I'm going to create a page in our wiki that we can all use to post our own awesome sites to as we find them. That way we will all have them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inspiring, Denise! Speaking of learning from one another, I sure have enjoyed learning from you throughout this cohort! I really like Jim's idea about starting a page on the wiki to share sites. We learn so much from each other, it would really be nice to share the sites we use every day. If we all shared a few, think how many we'll have collected by the end of class!

    ReplyDelete