Sunday, June 13, 2010

Using Productivity Tools Effectively - What the first class meant to me

As an LMS, these standards that we are addressing during the readings in our first assignment are not new to me.  These are the standards that I work with, helping my teachers meet them in their classroom curriculum and helping our students reach their potential by using these standards as goals in my own classes.  I think it's important that we understand that the standards for the different content areas are intertwined, and by assuring that the standards in Information Literacy and Technology are met, we are enhancing the learning that is taking place in other content areas.

The classwork in the graphics programs was interesting, as that is one area that I have never looked into.  I can see how you would use one of these programs to show the comprehension of a lesson that you have taught.  I hope to use one of the programs (either Shindonni or GoAnimate) with my information literacy classes.  It will be nice to give the students just one more tool for them to use in their classwork.  Not everything needs to culminate in a power point presentation or a written document!

1 comment:

  1. I also liked the GoAnimate website. It was really easy to use and I will definitely use it with my third graders.

    As far as the standards go, I feel like the only people worried about the ITLS standards are the people who are in classes like this with us. It's really been a challenge to get the teachers I work with to be aware of these standards, when they're used to worrying only about the content standards.

    ReplyDelete