I am very excited to be included in this Master's program. I read constantly about Nings, blogs, elluminate, and other Web.2 tools, yet have never tried any of these tools. I'm trying to wrap my mind around how I can utilize these tools in my day to day world, but I'm having a hard time doing so (so far, but I KNOW that's going to change!). I look forward to the first time I have an elluminate session with my 4th or 5th graders - they will be overwhelmed! I also look forward to having the ability to guide them through the beginnings of their mastery of these tools - as well as teaching their teachers!
I am also thinking that the creation of another blog might be in order - one that I can use to fulfill the requirements of my PDP. If I can get myself into the habit of posting to a blog on a regular schedule, I can use that blog as evidence of my growth as a professional.
I would like to add that my experience so far with Cardinal Stritch has been a very pleasant one. The helpfulness of everyone here, from Nathan to Alice and now Louis has been a refreshing change from the help I have received from other educational institutions. Thank you for making me feel welcomed.
It is getting late, and my mind doesn't want to function anymore! I'll write more tomorrow -
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This will be a wonderful journey for you and your classmates - I am excited to be working with you! Congratulations on your first post!
ReplyDeleteHI Denise - Great idea about using the blog posts as evidence of attainment for your PDP. I wouldn't have thought of that & it is such a logical solution!
ReplyDeleteI, too, love the idea of using the blog as a journal for the PDP. It just makes so much sense. Thanks for the great idea!
ReplyDeleteAh...the wonderful PDP. I'm also in the midst of completing one. I just had my goal approved in September. What a great idea to create a blog for documentation...I never thought of that! It's great to have another K-12 LMS to talk to. There aren't very many in my area who serve the entire student population, most are either an elementary, middle or high school LMS. All grades are in one building at my district - 286 students in all. What is your school like?
ReplyDeleteHi Denise forgive me for my ignorance but what is the wonderful PDP?
ReplyDelete*As a side note I am in full agreement with you about Stritch everyone has been simply wonderful. I live a few miles away from campus (about 1500), so anytime I was in need someone was always there to assist me. I feel very comfortable with this program and our faculty,staff, and colleagues:)