Wow. I can't believe that this is the end. When I look back at all my posts, I can't believe that only 2 years ago that I was that skittish to use technology. It seems as if I've been using Web 2.0 tools for a lot longer than that!
When I read through my posts, I realize how much I have grown, both professionally and personally. Personally, I feel a confidence that I didn't before. I have a firm grasp as to how to accomplish what I not only need to, but want to. I have tackled many things through out this cohort that I never would have attempted otherwise (taking that computer apart was scary!!!). I've realized that if I put my mind to it, I CAN accomplish anything I want to. I've come to realize that if I become frustrated by something, back off, take a deep breath, and try it again. It'll work, sooner or later!
Professionally, I have become the kind of teacher I always dreamed of being. I am able to make my classes interesting by introducing different ways to promote learning, and am able to help my fellow staff members as well. I love the excitement in one of my student's voice when they tell me they have shared a presentation that they created with their parents, and how cool it was. I also love how, when test time comes around, my students seem to be able to recall certain key facts a lot easier, through the use of the tools that we are using in class. I guess the best way of putting it is that we all won. Both my students and I came away from this program with something we can use. A definite win-win!
The only downside that I can see from my education is it has made some of my colleagues uneasy around me. My principal told me that I have become the kind to teacher that intimidates some of them - confident and willing to try something new that will benefit my students. I guess that is something that I can be proud of.
I would like to thank Cardinal Stritch, all of my teachers, and especially Louis, for all of the help, encouragement, and knowledge that you have given me these past months. When I read through this post, I realize that I can't put into words my feelings about the education I've received these past months. I have become a better person because of my experiences with this cohort. I can't thank you enough.
Oh, and don't forget - how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!!!! THANKS, LOUIS!!!
Monday, October 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I have to say "ditto" to everything you said in this post, Denise! I really enjoyed looking back at all of my blogs also, and can't believe how much I've changed! That's really too bad that your principal told you that about people being intimidated by you! Hopefully they will come around and join you in some of your technology fun! I wanted to say that I am so glad I got to know you through this program! I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't been with you in that first group! Remember that?!?! What an experience! Anyway, it's been great getting to know you, and I hope we can keep in touch! You inspire me!
ReplyDeleteDenise, it is, indeed, unbelievable at how far we have come. I used to look at my computer and think there was more to it. That is, not having any idea of the potential involved. My father used to say "The more you learn, the more you realize you don't know". I hope that made sense. At least now I have so many places to visit that can supplement every part of my career as well as other things.
ReplyDelete